Bacon-Mushroom Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place brussels sprouts in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm.
- 2. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion and mushrooms in the drippings for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Add the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until broth is reduced by half. Stir in brussels sprouts and bacon. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 cup: 166 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Mushroom Brussels Sprouts
"YUM to the 10th degree is this recipe. It's the best Brussels sprouts medley I have ever made. I cooked the sprouts for 6 minutes because we like them more al dente. I used a few more mushrooms because I wanted to use them up. This is definitely a keeper!!!"