Bacon Mushroom Bake
I'm the mother of two teenagers, co-owner of a plumbing business with m y husband and I work part-time, so a tried-and-true recipe like this is treasured. I always make it for our family's Christmas brunch.—Tammi Evans, Battle Creek, Michigan
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 18 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with 1 cup cream. Pour into a lightly
- greased large skillet. cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are
- set. Combine the soup and remaining cream; set aside.
- In another skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. In an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the eggs, bacon,
- mushrooms and cheese. Pour soup mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 372 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.