- 1/2 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- 1 tube (16.30 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Combine bacon with cheese and, if desired, onion and green pepper. Cut biscuits into quarters; add to bacon mixture. Stir in butter and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBacon Monkey Bread
"I made this dish this morning, I did carmalize the onions (I did not have green onions on hand so I just used a small yellow onion) . I also saut?d the green peppers as well. I added a clove of garlic to the mix for some extra flavor. I swapped out the parm cheese for cheddar and also added a tablespoon of chives for good measure. I personally don't feel like you need the melted butter. This recipe a really good base for a savory breakfast. It turned out really colorful."