Bacon Meat Loaf
For this fast family fare, Candace thaws a portion of Ground Beef mix, shapes it into a loaf and covers it with tomato sauce and bacon. Since there's little preparation before popping it in the oven, this main dish is ideal for busy weeknights.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1 portion Ground Beef Mix, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 bacon strips, halved
- Shape beef mix into a loaf; place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish. Top with tomato sauce.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cook bacon until almost done; place
- over loaf. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink
- and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 226 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.