For this fast family fare, Candace thaws a portion of Ground Beef mix, shapes it into a loaf and covers it with tomato sauce and bacon. Since there's little preparation before popping it in the oven, this main dish is ideal for busy weeknights.
Recommended: 12 Recipes to Make in a Bread Bowl
- 1 portion Ground Beef Mix, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- Shape beef mix into a loaf; place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with tomato sauce.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cook bacon until almost done; place over loaf. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p52
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2014
"No bread crumbs, no eggs what holds it together?"
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2009
"This is an awesome meat loaf, juicy and very tasty. I highly recommend it."