Bacon Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes (3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the milk, mayonnaise, chives, garlic powder and pepper; mash potatoes. Stir in cheese and bacon. Yield: 3 servings.
1 each: 362 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Bacon Mashed Potatoes
"quick and delicious!"
"This was good and a nice change from plain mashed potatoes."
"I made chicken with this mashed potato recipe as a side dish. I am planning on making again. I heard that the mashed potatoes tasted like 'Thanksgiving' and someone even asked me if there was ham in it. I used turkey bacon which does not crumble, instead I tore it in small pieces, and was then mistakenly identified as ham by someone who did not know what ingredients were added."