Bacon Mashed Potatoes
Featuring cheddar cheese, bacon and chives, these rich and hearty potatoes go well with anything. For a slightly different twist, add some chopped parsley.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes (3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the milk, mayonnaise, chives, garlic
- powder and pepper; mash potatoes. Stir in cheese and bacon. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 362 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.