This pleasing pasta salad is like eating a BLT in a bowl. Chock-full of crispy crumbled bacon, chopped tomato, celery and green onion, the sensational salad is draped in a tangy mayonnaise and vinegar dressing. It's a real crowd-pleaser! -Norene Wright, Manilla, Indiana
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as BLT Macaroni Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p33
Reviews for Bacon Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review