- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Bacon Macaroni Salad
"Oh my, oh my! An absolute keeper!!!! I just tweeked it a little by adding garlic powder to the mayo mixture, and toasted, slivered almonds to mix in when adding the bacon crisps, just a little added crunch. Thank you so much for the recipe! Enjoyed by all!"
"Great recipe-entire family enjoyed. We made as a meal and added some garlic powder and a couple handfuls of fresh spinach as well. Will be a fantastic potluck dish. Thanks for sharing!"
"I followed this recipe exactly and it was pretty awful. It tasted like mayo with a little bacon flavor thrown in. This is the first time I've made a recipe with this many good reviews that turned out so badly. Beware unless you love eating mayo straight from the jar."
"This was really good. Love the bacon. I think it would also be good if made with ranch dressing instead of the mayo mixture."
"I'm always looking for new macaroni salad recipes. My family loves pasta but not the classic mustard/mayo based mac salad. This recipe for a HUGE hit with my picky family. The flavors blend together well once you give it time to sit together."