- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Bacon Macaroni Salad
"I added an extra tomato and everyone loved it."
"Loved it, loved it, loved it, that's how many times I've made it so far, and will continue, also have many requests for the recipe! Bless your heart Norene."
"I just want to add that I make this same dish but add shredded cheddar cheese.....It is a dish everyone loves."
"Oh my, oh my! An absolute keeper!!!! I just tweeked it a little by adding garlic powder to the mayo mixture, and toasted, slivered almonds to mix in when adding the bacon crisps, just a little added crunch. Thank you so much for the recipe! Enjoyed by all!"
"Great recipe-entire family enjoyed. We made as a meal and added some garlic powder and a couple handfuls of fresh spinach as well. Will be a fantastic potluck dish. Thanks for sharing!"