- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Bacon Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
"This was really good. Love the bacon. I think it would also be good if made with ranch dressing instead of the mayo mixture."
"I'm always looking for new macaroni salad recipes. My family loves pasta but not the classic mustard/mayo based mac salad. This recipe for a HUGE hit with my picky family. The flavors blend together well once you give it time to sit together."
"Delicious! Just the two of us and my husband almost ate the whole dish ! He said if he was at a party he'd fill half his plate up with this salad. Very good."
"Great salad! Sometimes I add sweet or dill pickle relish or both and some seasoning salt. Also, adding a little milk will thin out the dressing a little."
"Very good. If this is the main dish, I would not say that it serves 12. More like 6. I like lots of veggies so I tripled the tomatoes and doubled the celery. Really liked it--maybe I'll triple celery next time too. For the bacon, I used scissors and cut the raw bacon into small pieces and then fried it in a large Dutch oven and stired occasionally."