- 6 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute jalapeno in reserved drippings. Add milk and cheeses to pan; cook and stir until blended. Stir in the onion powder, chili powder, salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Add the onions, cooked bacon and reserved pasta to pan; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Bacon Mac & Cheese
Sort By :
Ridiculously easy and a crowd pleaser!
This is the perfect mac and cheese recipe. I used half velveeta and half cream cheese and this worked very well. I made this with pork chops and the mac and cheese was eaten first. There was nothing left after the meal which made me happy:)
It was delicious even though I didn't use Velveeta. We are not big Velveeta fans so I used cream cheese in its place. It worked great!
Yummmmm-o-licious! I added an extra pepper, we like it spicier around here :)
This is some really good grown-up mac and cheese. I added a little bit of extra velveeta, just because I like my food extra cheesy. It turned out great and I will be making it again soon!
www.PrintableCouponsandDeals.com has tons of great coupons that could be used on ingredients for this recipe.