Meet the Cook: Our family schedule is a little different than most - I am a waitress at Disney World, and many days I have to be at work before my husband comes home for supper. Because of that, I'll often leave Bacon Jardin on the stove for him to reheat. He loves it!
I grew up in the country, in upstate New York. I know what it's like when the zucchini and tomatoes take over and everyone's l
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- Pepper to taste
- 4 slices American cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, fry bacon until crisp. Pour off
- fat. Add rice, water and zucchini; sprinkle with the oregano.
- Arrange tomato, onion and green pepper over the bacon mixture;
- sprinkle with pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 or until vegetables
- are crisp-tender. Top with cheese and heat only until melted. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.