- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 4 teaspoons shredded Colby cheese
- 4 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Combine cheeses; spread into each pepper half. Wrap a piece of bacon around each pepper half. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp and filling is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
Sort By :
"Everyone loved these. Disappeared very quickly. Fairly simple to make."
"I added chopped onions and garlic to the mixture. It doesn't matter how many I make, one time it was 4 dozen, they all go!"
"Can't believe the recipe allows for 2 poppers per person. lol They do disappear fast, so make lots. Our version has jalapeno half, stuffed with cream cheese, a little smokie sausage on top, wrapped with 1/2 piece of bacon, then grill till done. We never have any left. Enjoy! These are awesome anyway you make them."
"oh and secure them with toothpicks"
"i meant to say fill each half with the sausage/cream cheese mixture and put 1/2 slice of bacon around each jalapeno half. sorry :)"