Bacon Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 4 teaspoons shredded Colby cheese
- 4 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- 2. Combine cheeses; spread into each pepper half. Wrap a piece of bacon around each pepper half. Place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp and filling is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 160 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
"Everyone loved these. Disappeared very quickly. Fairly simple to make."
"I added chopped onions and garlic to the mixture. It doesn't matter how many I make, one time it was 4 dozen, they all go!"
"Can't believe the recipe allows for 2 poppers per person. lol They do disappear fast, so make lots. Our version has jalapeno half, stuffed with cream cheese, a little smokie sausage on top, wrapped with 1/2 piece of bacon, then grill till done. We never have any left. Enjoy! These are awesome anyway you make them."
"oh and secure them with toothpicks"
"i meant to say fill each half with the sausage/cream cheese mixture and put 1/2 slice of bacon around each jalapeno half. sorry :)"
"i have not tried this recipe but here is a variation i had at a friend's house and it is AWESOME too!! fry 1# ground sausage, drain. mix the sausage with 8 ounces of cream cheese. wear gloves, wash jalapenos, cut off stem and cut in half and take seeds out. fill with sausage/cream cheese mixture, wrap a whole slice of bacon around jalapeno and place on baking sheet and bake @ 350 degrees till bacon and jalapeno's are done. the amount of jalapeno's vary according to the amount of sausage/cream cheese mixture u have. SCRUMPTIOUS!!!! "
"Love Love Love this recipe!"
"I make this recipe all the time! Do some with and without the cheddar. Some people like them both ways.Definitely avoid the face after the peppers though! If peppers touch your skin, rinse off with lemon juice, then soak in milk. They'll feel better!"
"These are rich but oh, so good. They disappear quickly!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.