Bacon Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 4 teaspoons shredded Colby cheese
- 4 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- 2. Combine cheeses; spread into each pepper half. Wrap a piece of bacon around each pepper half. Place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp and filling is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
2 jalapeno halves equals 160 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.