For a delicious appetizer for two, try this spicy recipe. The bacon adds a smokey flavor to the traditional popper.—Bernice Knutson, Danbury, Iowa
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 4 teaspoons shredded Colby cheese
- 4 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Combine cheeses; spread into each pepper half. Wrap a piece of bacon around each pepper half. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp and filling is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Jalapeno Poppers in Reminisce Extra May 2009, p52
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review