- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 4 teaspoons shredded Colby cheese
- 4 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Combine cheeses; spread into each pepper half. Wrap a piece of bacon around each pepper half. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp and filling is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
Sort By :
I added chopped onions and garlic to the mixture. It doesn't matter how many I make, one time it was 4 dozen, they all go!
Can't believe the recipe allows for 2 poppers per person. lol They do disappear fast, so make lots. Our version has jalapeno half, stuffed with cream cheese, a little smokie sausage on top, wrapped with 1/2 piece of bacon, then grill till done. We never have any left. Enjoy! These are awesome anyway you make them.
oh and secure them with toothpicks
i meant to say fill each half with the sausage/cream cheese mixture and put 1/2 slice of bacon around each jalapeno half. sorry :)
i have not tried this recipe but here is a variation i had at a friend's house and it is AWESOME too!! fry 1# ground sausage, drain. mix the sausage with 8 ounces of cream cheese. wear gloves, wash jalapenos, cut off stem and cut in half and take seeds out. fill with sausage/cream cheese mixture, wrap a whole slice of bacon around jalapeno and place on baking sheet and bake @ 350 degrees till bacon and jalapeno's are done. the amount of jalapeno's vary according to the amount of sausage/cream cheese mixture u have. SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!