Bacon-Jalapeno Mushrooms with Ranch Sauce Recipe
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch dip mix
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set caps aside; discard stems or save for another use. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, peppers, cheddar cheese, onion and bacon. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Dollop 1 teaspoon sauce over each mushroom. Serve remaining sauce with fresh vegetables or save for another use. Yield: 2 dozen mushrooms plus 1-1/2 cups leftover sauce.
Originally published as Bacon-Jalapeno Mushrooms with Ranch Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p176
Reviews for Bacon-Jalapeno Mushrooms with Ranch Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapenos >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >