Bacon Jack Chicken
Pepper Jack cheese adds extra warmth to this golden brown chicken topped with tender veggies and bacon. It cooks in no time, and you can vary the flavor by substituting different cheeses.
Dawn Jones - Cedar Vale, Kansas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt. In a nonstick skillet, cook
- chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°; drain. Remove and keep
- In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels to drain. Saute onion and mushrooms in drippings.
- Return chicken to the pan. Top with bacon, onion, mushrooms and
- pepper Jack cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 561 calories, 44 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein.