Bacon Honey Walleye Recipe
The texture and flavor of the walleye is only enhanced by this recipe‘s savory-sweet topping. It takes only a few minutes to grill.
- 16 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, partially cooked
- 4 walleye fillets (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Fold four 18x15-in. pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half; fold up edges to make pans about 12x7 in. Place four strips of bacon in each foil pan; top each with a fillet and 1/4 cup onion. Drizzle with butter and honey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Cut fillets in half; serve each with two bacon strips. Yield: 8 servings.
3-3/4 ounce-weight: 277 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Honey Walleye
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC