Bacon Honey Walleye
The texture and flavor of the walleye is only enhanced by this recipe‘s savory-sweet topping. It takes only a few minutes to grill.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 16 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 4 walleye fillets (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fold four 18-in. x 15-in. pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half;
- fold up edges to make pans about 12 in. x 7 in. Place four strips of
- bacon in each foil pan; top each with a fillet and 1/4 cup onion.
- Drizzle with butter and honey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Cut fillets in half; serve each with two bacon strips.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3.000-3/4 ounces) equals 277 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.