Bacon Honey Walleye Recipe
- 16 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 4 walleye fillets (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Fold four 18x15-in. pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half; fold up edges to make pans about 12x7 in. Place four strips of bacon in each foil pan; top each with a fillet and 1/4 cup onion. Drizzle with butter and honey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Cut fillets in half; serve each with two bacon strips. Yield: 8 servings.
3-3/4 ounce-weight: 277 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Bacon Honey Walleye
"Very good, served with green beans, rice pilaf and cheddar jalapeño bread."
"Quick and easy and tastes wonderful."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.