The texture and flavor of the walleye is only enhanced by this recipe‘s savory-sweet topping. It takes only a few minutes to grill.
- 16 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 4 walleye fillets (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fold four 18x15-in. pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half; fold up edges to make pans about 12x7 in. Place four strips of bacon in each foil pan; top each with a fillet and 1/4 cup onion. Drizzle with butter and honey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Cut fillets in half; serve each with two bacon strips. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Honey Walleye in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Honey Walleye
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2013
"Very good, served with green beans, rice pilaf and cheddar jalapeño bread."
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2010
"Quick and easy and tastes wonderful."