- 16 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 4 walleye fillets (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fold four 18x15-in. pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half; fold up edges to make pans about 12x7 in. Place four strips of bacon in each foil pan; top each with a fillet and 1/4 cup onion. Drizzle with butter and honey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Cut fillets in half; serve each with two bacon strips. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Honey Walleye in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Honey Walleye
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2013
"Very good, served with green beans, rice pilaf and cheddar jalapeño bread."
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2010
"Quick and easy and tastes wonderful."