Bacon Herb Zucchini Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, savory and rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. In the drippings, saute celery and onion until tender. Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, savory, sage, salt, pepper and zucchini. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bacon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 90 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Herb Zucchini
"I made this delicious recipe for the ingredient challenge in Cook's Corner. I thought the herbs used in the recipe were quite unique, and we really enjoyed the taste. I prefer a firmer textured cooked zucchini, so I seed it before cooking. I also used several types of summer squash 9zucchini, crookneck, kuza)...the color combination was very eye appealing. This recipe was very easy to make, and I have added it to my keeper file."