Bacon Herb Zucchini Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, savory and rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. In the drippings, saute celery and onion until tender. Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, savory, sage, salt, pepper and zucchini. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bacon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 90 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Bacon Herb Zucchini
"I made this delicious recipe for the ingredient challenge in Cook's Corner. I thought the herbs used in the recipe were quite unique, and we really enjoyed the taste. I prefer a firmer textured cooked zucchini, so I seed it before cooking. I also used several types of summer squash 9zucchini, crookneck, kuza)...the color combination was very eye appealing. This recipe was very easy to make, and I have added it to my keeper file."