Bacon Hash Brown Bake
This tasty side dish has wonderful from-scratch flavor since it starts with fresh potatoes. It's very popular with guests at my bed-and-breakfast.Mark Clark, Twin Mountain, New Hampshire
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cups grated cooked potatoes
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased
- 9-in. pie plate. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at
- 350° for 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 159 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.