Bacon Garlic Bread
Guests at your next backyard barbecue will request our home economist's recipe for this grilled garlic bread. Serve it as an appetizer or side dish.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mayonnaise, bacon and garlic.
- Spread over cut sides of bread; reassemble loaf. Wrap in a large
- piece of heavy-duty foil (about 36 in. x 18 in.); seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Unwrap
- and separate bread halves. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill 5 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 232 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.