Bacon Garlic Bread Recipe
Guests at your next backyard barbecue will request our home economist's recipe for this grilled garlic bread. Serve it as an appetizer or side dish.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mayonnaise, bacon and garlic. Spread over cut sides of bread; reassemble loaf. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 36 in. x 18 in.); seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Unwrap and separate bread halves. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 232 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC