Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken
Chicken breasts are incredibly versatile, and I think feta cheese is so underrated. You can buy feta in so many different flavors...basil and tomato is our favorite.—Vicki Smith, Okeechobee, Florida
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Carefully cut a slit in the deepest part of each chicken breast. Fill
- with bacon and cheese; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt
- and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Drain one can of tomatoes; add to skillet. Stir in the remaining
- tomatoes; sprinkle with basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer
- inserted in the chicken breast reads 170° and the tomato mixture
- is thickened. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 125 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.