Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Chicken breasts are incredibly versatile, and I think feta cheese is so underrated. You can buy feta in so many different flavors...basil and tomato is our favorite.—Vicki Smith, Okeechobee, Florida
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1. Carefully cut a slit in the deepest part of each chicken breast. Fill with bacon and cheese; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- 2. Drain one can of tomatoes; add to skillet. Stir in the remaining tomatoes; sprinkle with basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer inserted in the chicken breast reads 170° and the tomato mixture is thickened. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 125 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC