Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Carefully cut a slit in the deepest part of each chicken breast. Fill with bacon and cheese; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Drain one can of tomatoes; add to skillet. Stir in the remaining tomatoes; sprinkle with basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer inserted in the chicken breast reads 170° and the tomato mixture is thickened. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken(5)
Sort By :
Good recipe, have made many times since it was first published. Easy and healthy.
Just saw the local Providence news use this recipe! Missed it on tv, so I searched for it & who would thunk it's a fellow Okeechobee, Floridian who posted it?
Lived there for over 30 years! Wow...
This is a fantastic recipe & it shold be re-posted & brought to the light of day again!
Delicious! Only drawback? Need to double for my family of 4! No leftovers in my house & everyone wanted more!
I made this tonight. Very good!! Can't wait to see how the leftovers are.
I have made this so many times and it's so good and looks pretty
I used salsa instead of diced tomatoes and sprinkled a tablespoon of feta cheese into the salsa while cooking. Hubby said it was awesome!