- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 roasted sweet red pepper halves, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each with two strips bacon, 1/4 cup feta cheese and a red pepper half; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roll up starting with short side, bringing the ends to meet. Tie at 1-1/2-in. intervals with kitchen string.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove string. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Feta Chicken Rolls in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p135
Reviews for Bacon-Feta Chicken Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2015
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2010
"Yum! We browned the chicken in the bacon drippings, and poured the rest of the drippings over the rolls in the casserole dish before baking. The combination of flavors in this recipe was wonderful."