Bacon-Encased Water Chestnuts Recipe
My husband and I do lots of entertaining and always start off with appetizers like these tempting morsels.—Midge Scurlock, Creston, Iowa
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) strained peach baby food
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1. Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise. Wrap each bacon piece around a water chestnut; secure with a toothpick.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes, turning once; drain if necessary.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over water chestnuts. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bacon is crisp. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 serving (3 each) equals 155 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Encased Water Chestnuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC