Bacon-Encased Water Chestnuts Recipe
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) strained peach baby food
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1. Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise. Wrap each bacon piece around a water chestnut; secure with a toothpick.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes, turning once; drain if necessary.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over water chestnuts. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bacon is crisp. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
3 each: 155 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Bacon-Encased Water Chestnuts
"These are great. I always drain off the juice before drizzling with sauce.Sometimes I cut the water chestnuts in half."