- 8 bacon strips
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) strained peach baby food
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise. Wrap each bacon piece around a water chestnut; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes, turning once; drain if necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over water chestnuts. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bacon is crisp. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p44
Reviews for Bacon-Encased Water Chestnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
These are great. I always drain off the juice before drizzling with sauce.Sometimes I cut the water chestnuts in half.
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2007
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bacon-Wrapped Chestnuts >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >