My husband and I do lots of entertaining and always start off with appetizers like these tempting morsels.—Midge Scurlock, Creston, Iowa
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) strained peach baby food
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise. Wrap each bacon piece around a water chestnut; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes, turning once; drain if necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over water chestnuts. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bacon is crisp. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p44
Reviews for Bacon-Encased Water Chestnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
"These are great. I always drain off the juice before drizzling with sauce.Sometimes I cut the water chestnuts in half."