Bacon Egg Salad Croissants
"A great way to jazz up an old favorite" is how Julee Wallberg describes the swift sandwiches that she creates in Reno, Nevada. The creamy filling gets a taste boost from bacon and plenty of crunch from diced celery.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 thin tomato slices
- 4 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and
- pepper. Stir in eggs and bacon. Place a lettuce leaf, tomato slice
- and 1/2 cup egg salad on each croissant. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 521 calories, 36 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 370 mg cholesterol, 1,088 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.