Bacon-Egg English Muffin
Terry Kuehn of Waunakee, Wisconsin stacks cheese, Canadian bacon and poached eggs on an English muffin to make this appealing eye-opener. Perfect for one, this delicious open-face sandwich is special enough for guests, too.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add
- vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold
- eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup
- close to the surface of the water, slip egg into water. Cook,
- uncovered, until whites are completely set, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread cream cheese over muffin halves. Top with cheese
- slices and Canadian bacon. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of
- water and place over bacon.
- Yield: 2 servings.