Bacon-Corn Stuffed Peppers
Filled with corn, salsa, green onions, mozzarella cheese and bacon, these grilled pepper halves are sure to liven up your next cookout. "They have a wonderful taste and give a fun twist to the usual corn on the cob,"Mitzi Sentiff, Annapolis, Maryland.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, salsa and onions. Spoon into
- pepper halves. Place each stuffed pepper half on a piece of
- heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around peppers
- and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until peppers
- are crisp-tender. Carefully open packets to allow steam to escape.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Return to the grill for 3-5 minutes
- or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional salsa if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with part-skim mozzarella cheese and without additional salsa) equals 120 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable,