Bacon-Corn Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional salsa, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn, salsa and onions. Spoon into pepper halves. Place each stuffed pepper half on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around peppers and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Carefully open packets to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Return to the grill for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 120 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Bacon-Corn Stuffed Peppers
"Only change I made was to add black beans & cilatro!"
"Would I be able to cook these in the oven?"
"I shared this with my high school girl friends on a weekend retreat to the lake. It was a big hit. One suggestion - if you can use sweet corn in season - it will amaze your taste buds."