Filled with corn, salsa, green onions, mozzarella cheese and bacon, these grilled pepper halves are sure to liven up your next cookout. "They have a wonderful taste and give a fun twist to the usual corn on the cob,"—Mitzi Sentiff, Annapolis, Maryland.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, salsa and onions. Spoon into pepper halves. Place each stuffed pepper half on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around peppers and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Carefully open packets to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Return to the grill for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Corn Stuffed Peppers in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p65
Reviews for Bacon-Corn Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review