Bacon-Corn Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, salsa and onions. Spoon into pepper halves. Place each stuffed pepper half on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around peppers and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Carefully open packets to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Return to the grill for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Corn Stuffed Peppers
Sort By :
Only change I made was to add black beans & cilatro!
My family loved this recipe! Grandma, sister, dad, brother, mom, hubby! I am making it again for Christmas dinner, it will look so pretty with green and red peppers!
Would I be able to cook these in the oven?
I shared this with my high school girl friends on a weekend retreat to the lake. It was a big hit. One suggestion - if you can use sweet corn in season - it will amaze your taste buds.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >