Bacon-Corn Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Sour cream and additional chopped green onions, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; stir in muffin mix and bacon. Fold in 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream and green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 432 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Corn Casserole
"I made this for Christmas dinner today and most of us really liked it. My husband wouldn't even try it but everyone else thought it was good. It reminded me of a giant corn fritter!"