Bacon-Corn Casserole Recipe
I have some family members who rarely eat vegetables. I have tried so many different vegetable recipes over the holidays and have been largely unsuccessful. I took an old corn casserole recipe of mother's and kicked it up. The relatives love it! It's now a holiday must have and it's so easy to do. My rule of thumb; you can't miss with bacon!—Mildred Caruso, Brighton, Tennessee
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Sour cream and additional chopped green onions, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; stir in muffin mix and bacon. Fold in 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream and green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without optional ingredients): 432 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Corn Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC