I have some family members who rarely eat vegetables. I have tried so many different vegetable recipes over the holidays and have been largely unsuccessful. I took an old corn casserole recipe of mother's and kicked it up. The relatives love it! It's now a holiday must have and it's so easy to do. My rule of thumb; you can't miss with bacon!—Mildred Caruso, Brighton, Tennessee
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Sour cream and additional chopped green onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; stir in muffin mix and bacon. Fold in 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream and green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Corn Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p43
Reviews for Bacon-Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2014
"I made this for Christmas dinner today and most of us really liked it. My husband wouldn't even try it but everyone else thought it was good. It reminded me of a giant corn fritter!"