Bacon-Corn Casserole Recipe
I have some family members who rarely eat vegetables. I have tried so many different vegetable recipes over the holidays and have been largely unsuccessful. I took an old corn casserole recipe of mother's and kicked it up. The relatives love it! It's now a holiday must have and it's so easy to do. My rule of thumb; you can't miss with bacon!—Mildred Caruso, Brighton, Tennessee
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Sour cream and additional chopped green onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; stir in muffin mix and bacon. Fold in 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream and green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Corn Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p43
Reviews for Bacon-Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review