Bacon Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients just until blended. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon, poppy seeds if desired and paprika. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 163 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Bacon Corn Bread
"I made this to serve with chili, it was so good! I always keep pre-cooked bacon in my freezer, so it was very easy to make. Also very inexpensive. Leftovers just as good the next day."