Bacon Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients just until blended. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon, poppy seeds if desired and paprika. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 163 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Corn Bread
"I made this to serve with chili, it was so good! I always keep pre-cooked bacon in my freezer, so it was very easy to make. Also very inexpensive. Leftovers just as good the next day."