- 2 pounds collard greens
- 4 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Trim thick stems from collard greens; coarsely chop leaves. In a Dutch oven, saute bacon for 3 minutes. Add onion; cook 8-9 minutes longer or until onion is tender and bacon is crisp. Add greens; cook just until wilted.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until greens are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Collard Greens
Sort By :
"I made this recipe without the tomatoes (didn't have any) and without the red pepper (picky kids). It was delicious. Everyone, even my dad who grew up on a farm in South Georgia, really liked them. Wonderful side dish."
"are collard greens just cabbage or are there other collard greens?"
"Loved this recipe! It is the best collard greens recipe I have tried."
"Very tasty and easy to make."