- 24 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 pounds sliced bacon, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain. Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef and onions over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain and set aside.
- In same pot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, sugar, salt and reserved beef mixture; heat through.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce in each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Layer each with four noodles, 1-2/3 cups meat sauce and 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Bacon-Colby Lasagna
Sort By :
My husband is very much a bacon and colby cheese fella. Since we're empty nesters, will cut back recipe for 4 servings. I doubt very much there would be leftovers!
What a great way to do Lasagna! Bacon always makes everything better. Has anyone tried to freeze the second lasagna for later use?
This has been a family favorite ever since I made it. It is fast, easy and delicious! We call it the bacon cheeseburger lasagna.
This was good, and I'll make it again, but not on a regular basis.
This recipe is one of my family's favorites! It's not nearly as time-consuming as a regular lasagna, and my kids love the bacon and Colby flavors together as a delicious change! We had one of my son's friends to dinner tonight, and he made me promise to share the recipe with his mom! Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >