Bacon-Colby Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 pounds sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bacon, tomato sauce, tomatoes, sugar and salt; cook until heated through.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce in each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Layer with four noodles, 1-2/3 cups meat sauce, 1-1/3 cups cheese in each dish. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Bacon-Colby Lasagna(17)
Sort By :
What a great way to do Lasagna! Bacon always makes everything better. Has anyone tried to freeze the second lasagna for later use?
This has been a family favorite ever since I made it. It is fast, easy and delicious! We call it the bacon cheeseburger lasagna.
This was good, and I'll make it again, but not on a regular basis.
This recipe is one of my family's favorites! It's not nearly as time-consuming as a regular lasagna, and my kids love the bacon and Colby flavors together as a delicious change! We had one of my son's friends to dinner tonight, and he made me promise to share the recipe with his mom! Yum!
Very greasy and thus rich for a dinner dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >