- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Meanwhile, drain clams, reserving juice. Place clams in a small food processor; process until finely chopped.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into pan. Add reserved clam juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until soup is thickened. Stir in butter, cayenne and clams; heat through. Top servings with bacon. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Bacon Clam Chowder
"This has been a family favorite for years. I substitute fat free half and half, and my family enjoys it just as much as the richer cream called for. It is quick and easy to prepare, and just the thing for a cold evening!"
"This was an easy and delicious chowder. I omitted the thyme and used a little Old Bay seasoning instead. It's definitely on my list to make again."
"I had to substitute a few ingredients but it turned out very good and very easy. A great way to use canned clams. I will definitely use this recipe again and again. Thank you for a great recipe."