Bacon-Chive Tossed Salad Recipe
"Fresh chives and crispy bacon really dress up this salad and make it a winner," relates Maria Regakis from her home in Somerville, Massachusetts. Tip: "This salad is great with grilled hamburgers," she suggests.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup creamy Parmesan Romano salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and chives. In a salad bowl, toss the lettuce, onion, cheese and bacon. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC