"Fresh chives and crispy bacon really dress up this salad and make it a winner," relates Maria Regakis from her home in Somerville, Massachusetts. Tip: "This salad is great with grilled hamburgers," she suggests.
- 1/2 cup creamy Parmesan Romano salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and chives. In a salad bowl, toss the lettuce, onion, cheese and bacon. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Chive Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p57
Reviews for Bacon-Chive Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review