Bacon-Chive Potato Salad
This creamy and colorful potato salad is always requested for all our summer picnics. It's so quick to prepare, goes with almost anything and is really yummy while still warm—but just as delicious when chilled! —Karen White, Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool. Cut into wedges; place in a serving bowl. Add bacon
- and chives.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Spoon over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 278 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.