Bacon Chicken Skewers
Your whole family will fall for these moist, flavorful chicken strips. I serve them every year at my daughter's birthday party because her friends request them!
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 12 strips
- 12 bacon strips
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the ranch dressing,
- barbecue sauce, chili powder and hot pepper sauce; add chicken. Seal
- bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially
- cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place a chicken strip on each bacon
- strip; thread each onto a metal or soaked wooden skewer.
- Grill skewers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the
- heat for 10-14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning
- occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.