- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 12 strips
- 12 bacon strips
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, chili powder and hot pepper sauce; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place a chicken strip on each bacon strip; thread each onto a metal or soaked wooden skewer.
- Grill skewers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Chicken Skewers
Sort By :
This was a hit, and has earned a spot in my "tried and true" recipe box. I did leave out the hot pepper sauce, and added garlic and a little cumin.
I love this recipe! The best part is its so easy and perfect for the kids. They love them and beg me to make them all the time!
Great combination! Best part was my 4 year old couldn't get enough!