Bacon-Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 slices process Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 8 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, warmed
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Top each chicken breast half with a tomato and cheese slice; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 2. Combine chutney and mayonnaise; spread over roll bottoms. Layer with spinach, chicken and bacon; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 599 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,345 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Chicken Sandwiches
"Very good. I added avacado to mine and it was delicious"
"Fantastic! This is one I will make again!"
"We loved this recipe! The mango chutney gives it just the zing it needs. Nice change of pace but will be made often in my house. quick note...I used thin sliced chicken breasts and that was much better than regular chicken breasts."
"This sandwich was so good. The only thing I did different was grill the chicken on a stove top grill. Yummy!"
"A delicious easy sandwich. Boyfriend loves it! the chutney gives it a sweet suprise"
"Very good; nice combination of flavors. I'll be making this again."
"These sandwiches are great! They are easy to fix and are out of the ordinary. We're having them again soon."
"We were afraid to move out of the box with the Mango Chutney but did and loved this new recipe!"
"I loved the flavor combination of mango and mayo"
"We loved this! Lots of flavor.The swiss cheese, tomato and bacon really compliment the chicken. Wonderful flavors together! You do need to serve it on the heavier rolls.The sandwich buns are not sturdy enough to hold this together. But it still tastes great!"