“I get many requests for these. I love it because it's so simple, but looks like I spent the whole day preparing it." Sandi Guettler - Bay City, Michigan
- 12 bacon strips
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and cut into slices
- Dash salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Spread cream cheese down the center of each chicken breast; top with onion. Roll up from a long side; tuck ends in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap two bacon strips around each piece of chicken; secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Chicken Roll-Ups in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p19
Reviews for Bacon Chicken Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review