“I get many requests for these. I love it because it's so simple, but looks like I spent the whole day preparing it." Sandi Guettler - Bay City, Michigan
- 12 bacon strips
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and cut into slices
- Dash salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Spread cream cheese down the center of each chicken breast; top with onion. Roll up from a long side; tuck ends in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap two bacon strips around each piece of chicken; secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Chicken Roll-Ups in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p19
Reviews for Bacon Chicken Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2015
"I thought this was okay but not great. Pretty bland in my opinion."
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2015
"My husband said this recipe is a keeper!"
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2013
"Mine were made with smaller chicken breast. but delicious non the less.I coated the pan in butter to allow some of it to mix with the bacon grease and absorb. and some season salt. Mmmm when I learn how to post a pic I will"
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2012
"great for company and super easy and fast"
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2011
"very yummy :)"