Bacon-Chicken Crescent Ring
“This ring is really very easy to put together,” writes Michelle McWhorter of Jacksonville, North Carolina. “It’s simple and so good that people always ask for the recipe.”
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- Grease a 14-in. pizza pan. Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into
- 16 triangles. Place wide end of one triangle 3 in. from edge of
- prepared pan with point overhanging edge of pan. Repeat with
- remaining triangles along outer edge of pan, overlapping the wide
- ends (dough will look like a sun when complete). Lightly press wide
- ends together.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over wide
- ends of dough. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under
- wide ends (filling will be visible). Bake at 375° for 20-25
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.