"I had a rich pasta dish similar to this at a restaurant," recalls Dana Simmons of Lancaster, Ohio. " It was so unique that i tried to duplicate it at home a few days later. This is remarkably close, but not as fussy because it uses ready-made ingredients rather than being made from scratch."
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in the drippings over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain fettuccine; stir into a skillet. Add the Alfredo sauce, spinach, Italian seasoning and bacon. Cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Chicken Alfredo in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p10
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Bacon Chicken Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review