Bacon Cheeseburgers for 2
For these change-of-pace burgers, the popular toppings are cooked inside the patties. That way, you get a burst of cheese and bacon flavors in every bite.—Deborah Biggs, Omaha, Nebraska
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach
- Heat bacon according to package directions for crisp bacon; cool.
- Finely crumble into a large bowl; add the cheese, vinegar, salt and
- pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°
- and juices run clear. Serve on buns with tomato and spinach. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 423 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,015 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.