- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped and divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced dill pickles
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and 1 cup onion, crumbling meat, until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce, process cheese, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until cheese is melted, 4-6 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. or 3-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Top with tomato, pickles and remaining onion. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Bake
"I'm glad I cut this recipe in half to try it. I have never left a negative review on any recipe site, but this was yucky."
"My husband is a very picky eater, so I had to omit the tomatoes from the topping. However, this was a wonderful dish! My daughter and her fiance were at the table, and this is a recipe that she can easily make--even though she is not really a cook ( yet )."
"It definitely needed salt and pepper. I usually put seasoning salt on my tater tots before I bake them and that's what I should've done this time but I always make a recipe per instructions the first time out. I agree with putting pickles and tomato in bowls on the table and we probably should have spooned it onto a pile of shredded lettuce."
"Early today I was in the grocery store and spotted The Taste of Home Collectors Recipe Edition for this year and on the front cover was this dish. I bought a couple of things I knew I would need and this evening I made the dish, following the instructions exactly as given. I can tell you, if you change anything about this dish you will lose out on the taste of it. My only change was to set dishes of Tomatoes and sliced Dill Pickles on the table for those who like them, which includes me. To top it off I also served Root Beer with it. What a great meal. I printed out the recipe for my Daughter-in-law and saved it in my recipe file. Thanks for a great dinner."