- 2 packages (18 ounces each) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Without separating rolls, cut each package of rolls horizontally in half; arrange bottom halves in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle each pan of rolls with 1 cup cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until combined.
Spoon beef mixture evenly over rolls; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with bacon. Replace tops. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Microwave, covered, on high until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour over rolls; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked sandwiches; prepare and freeze glaze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Pour glaze over buns and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake sandwiches as directed, increasing time by 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Slider Bake
"HUGE hit with everyone! And as another said, I have been requested to make them for every football game too! They are so good exactly as written and so simple!"
"I'm planning to make these for dinner tonight, but my daughter wants them for her school packed lunch. Do these make good leftovers for lunch the next day?"
"These are AWESOME! I made them exactly as written and I wouldn't change a thing. The only problem is- now I have to make them for every Sunday football for my grown children and their friends!"