I created this dish to fill two pans because these sliders disappear fast. Just cut the recipe in half if you only want to make one batch.—Nick Iverson, Milwaukee, WI
- 2 packages (18 ounces each) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Without separating rolls, cut each package of rolls horizontally in half; arrange bottom halves in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle each pan of rolls with 1 cup cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until combined.
Spoon beef mixture evenly over rolls; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with bacon. Replace tops. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Microwave, covered, on high until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour over rolls; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked sandwiches; prepare and freeze glaze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Pour glaze over buns and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake sandwiches as directed, increasing time to 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon Cheeseburger Slider Bake in Make & Take Cookbook Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Slider Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2016
"These are AWESOME! I made them exactly as written and I wouldn't change a thing. The only problem is- now I have to make them for every Sunday football for my grown children and their friends!"