- 2 hamburger buns, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 8 dill pickle slices
- For croutons, place bun cubes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt; toss to coat. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the ketchup, mustard and pepper; heat through.
- Divide lettuce among four dinner plates; top each with tomatoes, meat mixture, cheese and bacon. Garnish with croutons and pickles. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
"What a unique idea for dinner! I really liked this and unlike another reviewer; I did not find it too much work at all."
"I made this dish and honestly it was just a lot of work. It was good, and it was neat to try but my family would have been just as satisfied with Taco salad which I could closely compare this dish too and with less work."
"Yummy Yummy Yummy! Next time I make it I'm going to use tomato sauce in stead of ketchup. I'm not a big fan of the ultra sweet taste of ketchup."